- All required documents must be mailed to the Admissions Office on the campus of your choice by the required deadlines and will become the property of LAU.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- If you are a U.S Citizen or U.S. Green Card Holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number.
I am applying for a Teaching Diploma or another Bachelor degree
- The Teaching Diploma is granted upon completion of 21 required credits beyond a B.S. or a B.A. degree.
- An LAU student with a bachelor’s degree may work for another bachelor degree provided he/she completes a minimum of 30 additional credits including all the requirements for the new degree.
- A graduate from outside LAU may work towards attaining another bachelor’s degree provided he/she completes all the requirements of the new major, enrolls at LAU for at least two regular semesters, and at least 30 credits are taken at LAU.
- You are considered a special student if you hold a B.S. /B.A. degree from another university and want to take courses at LAU, without working for a degree.
Deadline to Apply for Admission
- Spring 2018: Dec. 22, 2017
- Regular Fall 2018: Jan. 31, 2018
- Late Fall 2018: Jul. 15, 2018
Deadline to Apply for Financial Aid
- New students for Spring 2018:
Sep. 22 - Nov. 15, 2017
- New students for Fall 2018:
Nov. 16, 2017 -Apr. 15, 2018
Apply for Housing (Dorms)
For Spring 2018
Beirut: Starting December 8, 2017
Byblos: Starting November 6, 2017
Prepare required documents and pass entrance exams
- A recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport. (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A copy of your B.S. /B.A. degree.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended, along with academic catalogs.
- Applicants coming from a university which is not recognized by LAU, must secure the equivalency of the B.A. / B.S. degree from the ministry of higher education in Lebanon prior to admissions.
- Applicants coming from a university from which LAU requires an English Exam, must sit for ONE of the English proficiency exams mentioned below:
Fill out and submit a complete application
- Online application for a non-refundable fee of $65 (LL 100,000) paid online by credit card.
- Paper application for spring 2018
- Paper application for fall 2018
For a non-refundable fee of $85 (LL 128,000) paid in cash at the LAU cashier’s as per the below schedule:
|Winter (September- May)||Summer (June- August)|
|8:30 a.m. - 12 noon and 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.||
8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.