The Beirut campus is home to three separate residence halls, Santona, Berkeley Hotel, and Capital Suites. A supervisor and a team of assistants manage the dormitories.
- Santona is located off campus within a 7-minute walking distance. Kitchenettes and cleaning services are available.
- Berkeley Hotel is located within a 10-minute walking distance. Kitchenettes and cleaning services are available.
- Capital Suites, for men, is just off campus and offers apartment-style living, complete with kitchenettes.
All settings provide comfortable accommodations that meet students’ academic and social needs. Rooms are neatly furnished with beds, desks, cupboards, safe boxes, and bed sheets and covers. Cable TV, Internet connection, and internal telephone lines are also provided. The buildings are equipped with heating and cooling.
Lounges equipped with TVs and Internet connections and other amenities provide social space and a venue for activities organized by the residence hall team. Students are also welcome to bring their small refrigerators, dishes, and cutlery. Meals can be ordered from any of the surrounding restaurants.
Because space is limited, students applying on full-time basis, who wish to reside on campus must submit an application as soon as they are accepted to LAU.
Dates for submitting the housing application:
- For Spring 2019: Starting November 15, 2018
- For Fall 2019: Starting April 15, 2019
To apply for housing you have to follow these steps:
- Read through the housing handbook and the rules and regulations
- Fill out and sign the application form
- Schedule an appointment with the Residence Hall office of the Beirut campus
- Submit the form in person (or via email) along with two passport-size photos
Applications are processed and assignments made on a priority basis. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email confirmation stating your room type and facility.
Once your room assignment is confirmed you must do the following:
- Complete and submit the Enrollment Health Form with LAU immunization requirements before your move-in date.
N.B. If you cancel your contract after the payment of the fees, you will forfeit the paid fees. More details on when your housing fees are due will be posted soon.