Semester Credit Load: A minimum course load of 12 billed credits per semester unless the student is graduating.
- New students receiving Financial Aid may benefit up to the total number of credits required in their major for graduation.
- In case of non-eligibility in a given semester, the number of credits passed during that semester will be deducted from the balance of the number of credits the student is entitled to.
- LAU students changing majors/degrees or holding a bachelor degree and shifting to a major in a professional school may benefit from Financial Aid for the remaining number of credits required for graduation in the new major/degree provided that the total number of Financial Aid credits does not exceed the new major’s total credits.
- Students may benefit from additional credit coverage depending on their major as follows:
- 6 credits for BA/BS students
- 9 credits for BE students
- 9 credits for Interior Architecture
- 12 credits for BArch students
- 6 credits for pre-pharmacy and another 6 for those continuing BPharm
- Students working towards a Teaching Diploma may benefit from Financial Aid for an additional 21 credits.
- Students who have changed major and meet above conditions may benefit from additional Financial Aid up to two regular semesters as deemed necessary by the financial aid campus committee. ( Summer module equals one regular semester).
- Students seeking a dual major or minor(s) may benefit from Financial Aid and Honor Scholarships for an additional extra 6 credits.
For extreme and justifiable documented cases and upon the referral of the FA campus committee, additional credits may be decided upon by the University Council for Financial Aid (UCFA) who may raise it to a higher level for final approval.
- If CGPA drops below 2.0.
- Immediately, if a student receives two warnings.
- Students may also disqualify for Financial Aid and/or Scholarships in subsequent semesters if they fail to work satisfactorily and/or to complete the scheduled hours with no valid reason.