- All required documents must be mailed to the Admissions Office on the campus of your choice by the required deadlines and will become the property of LAU.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- If you are a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Green Card Holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number. With this information, LAU is able to provide U.S. Students (or parents of dependent students) with the Form 1098-T that is used for American tax related purposes.
I am applying for a Teaching Diploma or another Bachelor degree
- The Teaching Diploma is granted upon completion of 21 required credits beyond a B.S. or a B.A. degree.
- An LAU student with a bachelor’s degree may work for another bachelor degree provided he/she completes a minimum of 30 additional credits including all the requirements for the new degree.
- A graduate from outside LAU may work towards attaining another bachelor’s degree provided he/she completes all the requirements of the new major, enrolls at LAU for at least two regular semesters, and at least 30 credits are taken at LAU.
- You are considered a special student if you hold a B.S. /B.A. degree from another university and want to take courses at LAU, without working for a degree.
Deadline to Apply for Admission
- Spring 2019: November 30, 2018
- Regular Fall 2019: January 31, 2019
- Late Fall 2019: July 15, 2019
Deadline to Apply for Financial Aid
- New students for Spring 2019: Oct.1 -Dec 4, 2018
- New students for Fall 2019: April 15, 2019
Prepare required documents and pass entrance exams
- A recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport. (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A copy of your B.S. /B.A. degree.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended, along with academic catalogs.
- Applicants coming from a university which is not recognized by LAU, must secure the equivalency of the B.A. / B.S. degree from the ministry of higher education in Lebanon prior to admissions.
- Applicants coming from a university from which LAU requires an English Exam, must sit for ONE of the English proficiency exams mentioned below:
Fill out and submit a complete application
- Online application for a non-refundable fee of $65 (LL 100,000) paid online by credit card.
- Paper application for spring 2019
- Paper application for fall 2019
For a non-refundable fee of $85 (LL 128,000) paid in cash at the LAU cashier’s as per the below schedule:
|Winter (September- May)||Summer (June- August)|
|8:30 a.m. - 12 noon and 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.||
8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.