The Beirut campus is home to two separate residence halls, Orme-Gray for women and Capital Suites for men. A supervisor and a team of assistants manage both dormitories.
- The 34-room women’s dorm, Orme-Gray Hall, is conveniently located in the middle of LAU’s lush Beirut campus, just across the street from the Riyad Nassar Library. Residents share bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry facilities.
- Capital Suites, for men, is just off campus and offers apartment-style living, complete with kitchenettes.
Both settings provide comfortable accommodations that meet students’ academic and social needs. Rooms are neatly furnished with beds, desks, cupboards, safe boxes, and bed sheets and covers. Cable TV, Internet connection, and internal telephone lines are also provided. The two buildings are equipped with central heating and cooling.
Lounges equipped with TVs and computers with Internet connections and other amenities provide social space and a venue for activities organized by the residence hall team. Students are also welcome to bring their personal sound system, small refrigerators, dishes and cutlery. Meals can be ordered from the cafeteria or any of the surrounding restaurants.
Because space is limited, students applying on full time basis, who wish to reside on campus must submit an application as soon as they are accepted to LAU.
Dates for submitting the housing application:
- For Fall 2018: Starting April 16, 2018
To apply for housing you have to follow these steps:
- Read through the housing handbook and the rules and regulations
- Fill out and sign the application form
- Schedule an appointment with the Residence Hall office of the Beirut campus
- Submit the form in person (or via email) along with two passport-size photos
Applications are processed and assignments made on a priority basis. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email confirmation stating your room type and facility.
Once your room assignment is confirmed you must do the following:
- Complete and submit the Enrollment Health Form with LAU immunization requirements before your move-in date.
N.B. If you cancel your contract after the payment of the fees, you will forfeit the paid fees. More details on when your housing fees are due will be posted soon.
Click on the photo to view the slideshow.