The Office of Testing Services administers the English Entrance Exam (EEE). The EEE tests the English-language knowledge you have acquired in high school and measures your level of proficiency.
To register for the test, please provide:
- Two (2) passport-size photos per exam
- An original identity card (هوية) , personal civil Status Record, or passport (For checking purposes)
- L.L. 90,000, or $60, testing fee
- Registration should be done in person
Please note the following:
- Students may register and sit for exams on either campus with no restrictions.
- Testing sessions can accommodate a maximum of 160 students in Byblos and 225 in Beirut. Once a session is full, you will automatically be registered for the next available session.
- In cases of extreme need or emergency, the EEE can be taken on a date other than those displayed in the tables above at the rate of $80 per test.
- If you want to re-take the EEE, you must wait at least one month between tests.
- Please view the minimum required score.
Schedule and Preparation
The EEE is given several times each semester, and each testing session has a corresponding registration deadline. Please check the date, registration deadline, and location carefully below. All testing sessions are on Saturdays, unless otherwise noted. Download the test preparation booklet (PDF) for help with preparing for the exam. Please contact the Continuing Education Program (CEP) at LAU if you wish to take English courses to prepare for the test.
Students applying for Summer and Fall 2018
|Date of Exam||Campus||Registration Deadline|
|February 17,2018||Beirut||February 08,2018|
|March 03,2018||Byblos||February 23,2018|
|March 17,2018||Beirut||March 09,2018|
|April 14,2018||Byblos||April 10,2018|
|April 28,2018||Beirut||April 20,2018|
|May 12,2018||Byblos USP||May 04,2018|
|May 26,2018||Beirut USP||May 18,2018|
|June 21,2018||Byblos||June 14,2018|
|June 30,2018||Beirut||June 22,2018|
|July 07,2018** pending Baccalalaureate exam||Beirut||June 29,2018|
|July 26,2018||Byblos||July 19,2018|
|August 18,2018||Beirut||August 10,2018|
|August 23,2018||Byblos||August 16,2018|
- Students may register and sit for Entrance Exams at either Beirut or Byblos Campus without any restrictions.
- Testing Sessions hold a maximum of 225 students (Beirut Campus) and 160 students (Byblos Campus). Once a session is full, students will automatically be placed in the following session.
- Special Entrance Exams may be offered as “Special” settings in cases of extreme need or emergencies at the rate $ 80 / test.